Hello World

So I am taking a deep breath and dive into my first post with lots of excitement and anticipation. Blogging is a new adventure for me and it seems like the perfect place to record and keep track of where my embroidery is taking me, what I am up and where I am heading. This going to be my space for taking notes of what I am working on and what I achieve. I want to celebrate what I do, and share what I know and learn along the way. I invite you to follow my journey if you like.

My little space in the blogging world will mostly be about embroidery or stitching or needlecraft - whichever description fits best on the day, but it will also be about the important things in my life that keeps me from stitching; my family, my home and my garden. After all, that is the universe in which I design and embroider.



Since I was a little girl, I have been playing and making things with thread, yarn and fabrics. Over the years embroidery has become the most important, and at times all consuming part of what I do every day. It has taken me to places I never had thought possible, I have met the most amazing people, even royalty and made great friendships. I know this incredible journey is not about to stop any time soon. I have some pretty exciting plans and am certain that what comes next in my stitching journey is going to be rather special to me. 

I have been teaching around the place for quite some time now and when I recently moved into my new work space, I discovered that the pile of workshop projects in my cupboard was quite large. It seems such a pity to have them all stashed away like that, so one of the things high on my To-do list is to get the most popular projects as well as some brand new designs ready as kits and downloadable patterns. They will be available from my shop Anna Scott Embroidery.


Jacobean Leaves is one such design. It was designed as a crewelwork stitch sampler for the Embroiderers' Guild of South Australia, so there is plenty of fun and exciting stitches to try. The original notes did not have all the stitch diagrams included so that is what I am currently adding to the instructions. As soon as it is ready I will let you know. 

But now I must go. I have a workshop on Or NuĂ© to prepare and I am really looking forward to the methodical pace of metal thread embroidery. 

Until next time...

Anna x 



Comments

  1. Congratulations on joining the blog community!This is exciting! Looking forward to finding out more about your embroidery and following the directions that you take. I've always admired your 'Jacobean Leaves' design - I can see it on my sofa - lovely.....so a glass of something sparkling to celebrate your first post? Cheers, best wishes, blog on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hi there, Anna! I'm glad I found you (why didn't you tell me?!?!?)

    Can't wait to see your blog grow!

    ~MC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops... I think my comment just disappeared into the blogosphere.

    Just welcoming you to the world of blogging, Anna! So excited to see you here! ~MC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you both for the warm welcome - makes this whole 'putting myself out there' feel a little less scary and awkward. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world of blogging, Anna!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts