Back in business...

I am slowly getting back to normal. Don't get me wrong, being away was FABULOUS but I left in a bit of a mess and it has taken longer than I expected to get back in order. I don't know about you, but I simply don't seem to be able to get anything productive done when there are piles of 'stuff' everywhere. Once they are sorted, if only into neat piles (I have a very effective 'piling' system) it all goes a lot easier.

I am there and it feels really, really good.


Step one was getting the SHOP is back in business. I closed it while I was away and as well as being up an running again it is now looking better than it has in a long time. I spent yesterday adding TWO NEW KITS - the ones I taught at Beating Around the Bush.
Crimson Clover is not that big 11cm x 21cm wide (just over 4" x 8") but it uses 24 different stitches and stitch combinations including 6 variations of chain stitch. It is not as overwhelming as it may sound and there is certainly no time to get bored doing the same old thing!


The other one that I loved to stitch myself is the Dainty Pink Or Nue Daisy. I snapped this photo of it today - it almost looks like some fancy flying saucer in outer space, don't you think? Really, it is only tiny; 5.5cm (2 1/16") in diameter.
Yes, Or Nue is terribly fine work and you need to patience, but once you get on a roll it is beautifully methodical and almost therapeutic. There is just something about placing each little stitch after each little stitch and watching the pattern emerge ever so slowly that is so very satisfying and fascinating. This one being worked in the round makes the whole process so much easier.


The other 'newish' kit is 'Summers Glow'. I have had it up before but it sold out a long time ago and I didn't do more kits right away. Mostly because I thought it looked so lonesome being the only goldwork kit in shop. Silly really.


This is a good little introduction to goldwork embroidery. I have taught it a couple of times and the various techniques used in it has got most students off to a really good start. This too is on the small side (6cm x 13.5cm or 5 1/4" x 2 3/8") so it is really quite manageable.

I know most of us stitchers have a rather remarkable stash of threads and fabrics and our own ideas about colour, so for those of you who are tempted to have a go at one of patterns using what you have already got they are all also available as pdf downloads.

It is such a nice feeling 'getting back in order', I think it must be time for me to do some stitching, don't you?

Happy Stitching,
Anna X






Comments

  1. Really beautiful... Especially that goldwork embroidery looks awesome...... Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog........
    Jaslynn, Bizbilla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts