Goldwork progress

Day 2 


Laid work. I really like it - slowly and methodically covering a shape with neat rows. For this lobe I place the couching stitches in rows across the shape. Double pale mushroom pink stitches over a doubled fine twist. It fills rather quickly, until...


 ...those ends. Folding each thread back and stitching it down. That is when I wonder if laid work really is such a good idea.


 I am sure it takes me at least twice as long as the actual embroidery. Turning it back over...

... it is worth the effort. 

Happily Stitching,
Anna x

Comments

  1. I'm enjoying watching your progress on this piece, I've always wanted to have a go at goldwork and you do it so beautifully.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may take time, but it is so worth the effort. I hope you take take the plunge and give it a go

      Delete
  2. This has been really great to watch you stitch a goldwork project...informative and inspiring...one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! One of these days I am going to try goldwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done goldwork, but you are really tempting me with this project! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never was thinking the twist would look so good in the laid work. Is great to find new ideas and people which are very nice and happy to share .
    The work looks great and I am curious to see see the whole project now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. I have tried using twist a few times, but have not always been that happy with it. Sometimes it just looks 'cheap' and 'floppy' next to the jap. But this time I am quite happy with it. It is a better quality thread which probably helped :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts