Goldwork progress - nearly there

After having been set aside for a bit my goldwork piece is back on the stand and nearly there...


It is so close and I had hoped to finish it on the weekend - but it is pruning time in the vineyard, so when the sun is out, so am I armed with pruning snips. I actually don't mind pruning. There is something very satisfying about turning wild and unruly looking vines into something more tidy and manageable...


...a bit like metal thread tails really. It occurred to me that pruning in many ways is not that different from tidying up metal thread tails...! This is the last lobe and the very last few tails on this one.


The last bit of copper twist outline. I love how the couching thread becomes completely invisible when you couch twist. 


Each stitch is placed to follow the twist of the thread and I split the twist so that I only catch one ply. As I pull the stitch to, I rotate the twist slightly and the stitch disappears like magic. 


The last two lobes complete. 
And there...


It kind of look finished, but there is just one more thing I want to do to neaten the outline. It will have to wait until later in the week so I can stitch during the day.

Have a wonderful week,
Anna

Comments

  1. Both the pruning and the goldwork look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I learn so much reading about your process. You are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear you enjoy what you see. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful...just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meticulous stitches are simply amazing to me. Absolutely stunning. And the vineyard is enormous!! Do you sell your grapes to winemakers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Starr. Oh and the grapes, most go Fox Creek winery but we do of course have a well stocked cellar too... :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts