Sewing

I don't know why it is, but many stitchers I know come to a grinding halt with their projects as soon as the embroidery is complete. The stitched piece fare too often ending up in a bag or box for weeks, months or even years before the sewing machine manned and the finished embroidery is turned into something useful.

I have been spending so much time on other things since getting back from Thailand.


With the new Or Nue and Raised embroidery designs finally off to the printers, I dusted off my sewing machine yesterday...  Remember 'Dawn Chorus'?



It is the next design on my list to be turned into kits and patterns, but yesterday, instead of writing, I turned it into a tote bag..


It is not a big bag, perfect for bit of knitting, a trip to the library or a Sunday market perhaps.
I chose to only put a single, longer handle on it instead of two. I find, I always carry these over my shoulder, so a longer strap made more sense. You could, of course have a handle on each side instead.


Having decided on one strap instead of two, meant I was able to put a button and loop at the top to keep it closed. After scratching around in my stash for a decent size button, I found this large vintage pearl button. Rather perfect, don't you think?
I will be putting the pattern for the bag with the other FREE patterns shortly. It is super easy (if I can do it, anyone can) and the size can easily be adjusted to fit whatever piece of embroidery you want.

I was on a bit of a roll. It is like that, once the machine is out, I like to get lots of things done.

'Along the Grapevine' was also made up into something. Any guesses? As you may know, farmer John and I have a small vineyard in the Adelaide hills, so there is your clue......

I will show you tomorrow.
Happy Stitching,
Anna


Comments

Popular Posts