The week that flew by

What a week it has been!
Today feels like the first day have in ages I have been able to kind of just catch my breath, regroup, get my mind in order, and get ready to get busy again tomorrow. I am not an overly tidy person by any stretch of the imagination, but when things have been 'a little crazy', I do like to get everything sorted and tidy, ready for a fresh start. So by 'catch my breath' - I mean the house and workroom are nice, clean and tidy and I feel ready to get busy again!

There has been a lot of packing going on around here. First we packed a whole stack of kits for The Crewel Gobelin in Sydney, New South Wales. They have had my kits in the past but not for some time and so it is exciting to have this NEW lot available at their Christmas market on 26 November.


It is always exciting when my things to into shops... It all seems a little more serious then and I like the thought of my kits sitting amongst other kits on a shelf somewhere, looking pretty. It's a nice thought.

Then we packed some more kits and other bits and pieces for the Etsy Adelaide Market yesterday. It was good fun - 110 stalls of Adelaide makers all in one spot. When you work at home, by yourself most of the time, it is always great to get out and talk to people. I am starting new classes up at Gallery One in Mitcham Village in February and the market was the perfect opportunity to show what I do, encourage people to come along and spread the word.


I am so glad I have found this new teaching space. It has wonderful large rooms, good lighting and a generous supply of power cords for when we need extra light for the finer work. I can't wait to get started. I will let you know more about it as we get a little bit closer, but for now, I have put an overview of the classes and a downloadable the programme HERE.

After all that packing, we packed some more... CARDS.


I have had cards made before, but I was not all that happy with them and quickly took them out off the shop.
This time I am so happy - they are amazing! I had my friend, Lynton prepare the images. I used to work with him, and he does all the graphic artwork for Inspirations magazine, so my pictures could not be in better hands!
It was a bit tricky to decide which designs to have printed. With Christmas coming up, I ended up choosing 'Partridge in a Peartree' because it is kind of 'Christmassy' but no more so, than you can look at it all year round..., a detail shot of 'Nautilus' because it sparkles and does look rather festive (by the way, the sparkle of the gold has printed really beautifully, which is always a tricky thing to get right), and then - of course - 'Over the Hills' because it makes me happy.

Any stitching...?  Yes, in between all that packing May's tulip is taking shape.
The base is finished...
 The main tulip is finished...
 The tulip leaves.....
... are about to be pulled out for the third time! The shades of green, just doesn't 'gel'. I have ordered more silk, so they are on my 'to do' list for this week.

What a weekly 'wrap up' that was! As for the week ahead...
I will fill you in later.

Best stitches,
Anna x

Comments

  1. Hi Anna When are your classes in Mitcham next year? Cheers Deb Tromp xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, I will be at Gallery One, the community gallery in Mitcham Village on Wedensday nights. Hope you see you there. Anna

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts